Well, I hardly know what to say (but you guys know me, I will think of something). I’ve been awarded “The Versatile Blogger” award by Tammy Holloway (http://tammyholloway.wordpress.com/). The name says it all, and I am flattered beyond words! Okay, well almost beyond words. This is after all, a blog and that’s what it’s about ~ words.
I can’t thank Tammy enough, I’ve seen these out there and hoped that someone would nominate my blog one day. I’ve seen them worded differently too, some say you nominate one blog, and then list 15 blogs that you like, and this one says pass the award to 15 blogs and then let them know. I’m happy to be one of her 15! You’ll notice how slyly I fulfilled requirement #1 below by mentioning Tammy Holloway above. Did it again, see there? BAM! Teeheehee.
The Rules of the Versatile Blogger Award:
1. Thank the person(s) who shared the award with you by linking back to them in your post.
2. Pass this award to 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know that you included them in your blog post.
3. List 7 things about yourself.
Wow, 15 blogs? Wow that’s a lot, but here goes:
1) Beyond Plum Creek ~ A blog I’ve discovered and am currently enjoying often. Poetry and writing, they have it all.
2) Nellewrites ~ Nelle has a way of cutting right to the chase, and then she allows you to see the world through her eyes.
3) The HomeRearedChef ~ Virginia is a gifted writer, she imbues her posts with love, humor and honesty.
4) midsummerdreamsandwintertales ~ She already has this award, but hers was worded differently. A Must Read.
5) Desi Valentine ~ She blogs with intelligence and love of family. Humor is usually involved but not always.
6) belleofthecarnival ~Musings of a Gal Trapped in the Suburban Carnival.
7) bjanecarp ~ A very good writer who also happens to be a librarian and a Dad!
8) Angus Lewis ~Profound wisdom and imaginative folly discovered on the way to work.
9) ryeder ~Go far, take chances and live passionately…
10) The Brain Blitz ~ Haiku poetry. Every day a new one. See I wrote one too.
11) A Fine Day for an Epiphany – Where I’m coming from.
12) That Girl Elli ~ English Major with a lot to say in a creative way!
13) Mary Writes ~ Awesome author. One of my favorite posts was “Ruby Beach.”
14) Y ~ Yes, that’s it. Y. Lovely poems, many with pictures. Writer, poet, photographer, many talents.
15) Robert Santee enterprises ~ Okay, so it’s not exactly a blog, but it’s my Dad’s and I love him, so…check it out.
Now. 7 things about myself. This blog was never about me, it’s all about the stories. With that in mind, I will try to briefly come up with a few things…
1) I like to encourage others to be as creative as possible with whatever medium they can – writing, drawing, ice sculpture, just – anything!
2) I never watch the news, the last newscast I saw was 9-11. Can’t stand reality shows either.
3) Single mom, 14 years in the airline industry.
4) I won first place in a city-wide cooking contest a few years ago, with a recipe I made up myself.
“Three Cheese Stuffed Chicken with Blackberry Reduction”
5) I am officially over the hill, staring down the nose at 50. I do not dye my hair anymore 🙂 and I’m so glad!
6) Loved, LOVED all the transformers movies… and Thor, Loved Thor too!
7) My first love was and I guess will always be, science fiction. I have my Dad to thank for that. For those who can remember it – Lost In Space should have been our family!
~ ~ ~ ~
Thank you again Tammy 🙂